Klein takes over as VYPE's Class 6A No. 1 team
What is amazing about rankings is how one game can send a ripple effect.
In VYPE's Class 6A volleyball rankings, a couple of matches the past two weeks has done just that and shook up how things look.
The Top 4 is a tight race with a win here and a win there being the difference right now.
1) Klein (Prev. 3)
- Klein is 27-4 on the season, has won 13-straight matches and is 5-0 in District 15-6A play. Recent victories have included The Woodlands and Klein Collins. The win over The Woodlands catapulted Klein to the No. 1 spot.
2) Pearland Dawson (Prev. 2)
- The Eagles are 29-4 overall and 2-0 in District 23-6A.
3) The Woodlands (Prev. 1)
- The Highlanders are 33-3 on the season. A 3-0 loss to Klein sent shockwaves through the volleyball world. Since that loss, The Woodlands have swept Conroe and Bridgeland.
4) Bridgeland (Prev. 5)
- The Bears are 32-4 overall on the season and 6-0 in District 14-6A play. The bears have dominated district play winning all 18 sets played so far.
5) Ridge Point (Prev. 4)
- Ridge Point is 28-4 overall and 2-0 in District 20-6A play.
6) Cinco Ranch (Prev. 6)
- Cinco Ranch is 23-5 overall and 3-0 in District 19-6A play. The Cougars have won 13-straight matches.
7) College Park (Prev. 7)
- College Park is 20-3 overall and 5-1 in District 15-6A play. The Cavaliers have won four-straight games.
8) Deer Park (Prev. 8)
- Deer Park is 25-8 overall and 2-0 in District 21-6A play. The Deer have won five-straight.
9) Cy-Fair (Prev. 9)
- The Bobcats are 23-9 and 6-0 in District 17-6A play. Cy-Fair has won seven-straight games.
10) Katy (Prev. 12)
Katy is 23-10 overall and 2-0 in District 19-6A play
11) Oak Ridge (Prev. 13)
- Oak Ridge is 21-13 and 4-2 in District 15-6A play
12) George Ranch (Prev. 19)
- George Ranch is 23-14 overall and 3-0 in District 23-6A play. The Longhorns have won all their sets played in district contests.
13) Kingwood (Prev. Unranked)
- What a turnaround by the Mustangs. After sitting at 11-13 at one point, Kingwood Has rattled off six-straight wins to move to 17-13 overall and 7-0 in District 22-6A play. The Mustangs have seemed to hit their stride winning 21 of 24 sets played in district.
14) Clear Brook (Prev. Unranked)
- Clear Brook has rumbled out to an 18-8 overall start with a 3-0 mark in District 24-6A. The Wolverines have won four-straight, including ones against Friendswood and Clear Falls.
15) Memorial (Prev. 18)
- Memorial is 23-10 overall and 4-1 in District 17-6A. The Mustangs have won four-straight.
16) Bellaire (Prev. Unranked)
- The Cardinals are 19-10 overall and 6-0 in District 18-6A play. They have won six matches in a row.
17) Summer Creek (Prev. Unranked)
- The Bulldogs started the year in VYPE's Top 20 but then dropped out. But hey they are back again. At 18-16 overall and 5-1 in District 22-6A play, Summer Creek has put itself in good positioning for a playoff spot. The Bulldogs' only loss in district play came to Kingwood.
18) Klein Cain (Prev. 11)
- The Hurricanes are 25-10 overall and 3-3 in District 15-6A play. Have lost two of their last five with losses coming against Oak Ridge and The Woodlands
19) Pearland (Prev. 17)
- Pearland is 18-13 overall and 1-1 in district.
20) Klein Collins (Prev. 10)
- Klein Collins is 24-10 overall and 3-4 in District 15-6A play. Have lost three of their last five with losses coming to College Park, Klein and Klein Cain
Others to Watch: Seven Lakes (18-14, 1-1), Tompkins (19-12, 1-1), Fort Bend Travis (15-11, 2-0), Fort Bend Kempner (18-15, 1-1), Atascocita (17-16, 4-2), Clear Creek (19-15, 2-1)