The goal is very simple: Recognize the best public high school volleyball players in the state of Texas.
As I've said many times before, Texas has the best collection of volleyball players in the United States (if not the world).
Consider there are approximately 1,200 public high school volleyball teams. If you figure an average of nine players per team (and that's a conservative number), that's about 11,000 players to consider for our 2nd Annual VYPE All-State Awards.
But here they are – we believe these are the best in a state full of incredible volleyball talent.
With just a couple of weeks to go in the season, VYPE has restructured its Class 6A Top 20. There has been some movement but honestly, the cream has risen to the top.
District titles are starting to get claimed, the Top 10 did see a little movement with Ridge Point jumping from five to three and Klein falling from No. 1 to No. 4 as the most dramatic shift.
The Top 4 is a tight race with a win here and a win there being the difference right now.
1) Pearland Dawson (Prev. 2) ** 36-4 Overall / 11 game winning streak
2) The Woodlands (Prev. 3) ** 40-3 Overall / 9-game winning streak
3) Ridge Point (Prev. 5) ** 39-4 Overall / 10-game winning streak
4) Klein (Prev. 1) ** 33-6 Overall / 1-game losing streak
5) Bridgeland (Prev. 4) ** 39-4 Overall / 7-game winning streak
6) Cinco Ranch (Prev. 6) ** 30-5 Overall / 20-game winning streak
7) Deer Park (Prev. 8) ** 33-8 Overall / 13-game winning streak
8) Cy-Fair (Prev. 9) ** 29-10 Overall / 2-game winning streak
9) College Park (Prev. 7) ** 24-4 Overall / 1 game winning streak
10) Katy (Prev. 10) ** 27-13 Overall / 2-game winning streak