What is amazing about rankings is how one game can send a ripple effect.
In VYPE's Class 6A volleyball rankings, a couple of matches the past two weeks has done just that and shook up how things look.
The Top 4 is a tight race with a win here and a win there being the difference right now.
1) Klein (Prev. 3)
- Klein is 27-4 on the season, has won 13-straight matches and is 5-0 in District 15-6A play. Recent victories have included The Woodlands and Klein Collins. The win over The Woodlands catapulted Klein to the No. 1 spot.
2) Pearland Dawson (Prev. 2)
- The Eagles are 29-4 overall and 2-0 in District 23-6A.
3) The Woodlands (Prev. 1)
- The Highlanders are 33-3 on the season. A 3-0 loss to Klein sent shockwaves through the volleyball world. Since that loss, The Woodlands have swept Conroe and Bridgeland.
4) Bridgeland (Prev. 5)
- The Bears are 32-4 overall on the season and 6-0 in District 14-6A play. The bears have dominated district play winning all 18 sets played so far.
5) Ridge Point (Prev. 4)
- Ridge Point is 28-4 overall and 2-0 in District 20-6A play.
It is time to rank them across the state!
VYPE Volleyball Insider Chuck Licata has watched A LOT of volleyball this season, including traveling to Volleypalooza, the John Turner Classic and multiple other major tournaments in Texas. See how his VYPE Statewide rankings shake out.
Rank, (Last Week), Team, (Record)
1. (1) Byron Nelson (31-1)
2. (2) Lewisville Flower Mound (24-3)
3. (3) Dawson (28-4)
4. (5) Plano West (23-4)
5. (7) Klein (24-4)
6. (4) The Woodlands (30-2)
7. (8) Ridge Point (26-4)