Week 7 is here and the scores are rolling in, check out who walked away with big wins on Thursday and Friday night.
The big story lines of the week included Humble defeating Summer Creek 34-30 to inch even closer to the program's first-ever Class 6A playoff berth and its first playoff spot since 2010. Friendswood topped Foster, Katy looked fine without starting quarterback Bronson McClelland in a 45-3 win and North Shore continues to get back to full strength.
Check out full list of scores!
Katy Taylor 57, Cinco Ranch 6
South Houston 72, Sam Rayburn 15
Houston Sterling 49, Madison 0
Dekaney 43, Nimitz 13
Memorial 31, Stratford 3
Klein Oak 41, Klein Forest 6
Westfield 27, Eisenhower 0
FB Marshall 55, Waltrip 7
Clear Creek 35, Alvin 0
Houston Austin 46, Wisdom 0
Willowridge 74, Northside 49
Westbury 43, Sam Houston 7
Kashmere 32, Scarborough 0
Fulshear 21, Bay City 14
George Ranch 21, Alief Taylor 13
Tompkins 28, Mayde Creek 0
What is amazing about rankings is how one game can send a ripple effect.
In VYPE's Class 6A volleyball rankings, a couple of matches the past two weeks has done just that and shook up how things look.
The Top 4 is a tight race with a win here and a win there being the difference right now.
1) Klein (Prev. 3)
- Klein is 27-4 on the season, has won 13-straight matches and is 5-0 in District 15-6A play. Recent victories have included The Woodlands and Klein Collins. The win over The Woodlands catapulted Klein to the No. 1 spot.
2) Pearland Dawson (Prev. 2)
- The Eagles are 29-4 overall and 2-0 in District 23-6A.
3) The Woodlands (Prev. 1)
- The Highlanders are 33-3 on the season. A 3-0 loss to Klein sent shockwaves through the volleyball world. Since that loss, The Woodlands have swept Conroe and Bridgeland.
4) Bridgeland (Prev. 5)
- The Bears are 32-4 overall on the season and 6-0 in District 14-6A play. The bears have dominated district play winning all 18 sets played so far.
5) Ridge Point (Prev. 4)
- Ridge Point is 28-4 overall and 2-0 in District 20-6A play.