VYPE Hoops Insider Ray Meach gives his predictions on tonight's H-Town playoff basketball games.
Westfield versus The Woodlands
8 pm Grand Oaks HS
Prediction: Woodlands slow ball causes confusion and gets the W.
Huntsville versus Waller
7:30 pm Oak Ridge HS
Prediction: Huntsville has too many options. Huntsville wins and gets past Waller.
*By VYPE Hoops Insider Ray Meach*
What a Tuesday in Houston hoops. For those that couldn't get out on a muggy Tuesday night, here's a recap of what happened citywide.
- Yates scored 100 points yet again making it 16 in a row and a setting a new NATIONAL record. (Someone needs to get a copy of the new Guinness book!)
- The Dickinson Gators secured their 5th straight district title. That's an impressive run for any 6A school.
- Hightower knocked off Shadow Creek with 46 points from the areas top junior, Bryce Griggs. If your haven't seen this young man play then you'd be advised to catch a glimpse while admission is only $5.
- A&M Consolidated takes a piece of the district title from Katy Paetow defeating the Panthers 66-52.
- Klein Forest loses a tough on the road to the Woodlands Highlanders. The Woodlands' Cole Himmer got fouled on a made bucket to put the woodlands up 53-51 with less that 20 second to play.
- Concordia Lutheran secured their district title with a big road win over The Village School, 61-57.
- St. Pius X secured their 20 win season while defeating St. Thomas at home. Great to see that program persevere through the coaching change early in the season.
- Westfield goes undefeated in district to lock in the district title. Time to prepare for the playoffs!
- Jordan Ivy-Curry lands his first D1 offer from Appalachian State. We don't typically announce college offers, but Ivy-Curry leads the state of Texas in scoring. If he leaves the state…or maybe the region, we will be highly disappointed.