*By VYPE Hoops Insider Ray Meach*
What a Tuesday in Houston hoops. For those that couldn't get out on a muggy Tuesday night, here's a recap of what happened citywide.
- Yates scored 100 points yet again making it 16 in a row and a setting a new NATIONAL record. (Someone needs to get a copy of the new Guinness book!)
- The Dickinson Gators secured their 5th straight district title. That's an impressive run for any 6A school.
- Hightower knocked off Shadow Creek with 46 points from the areas top junior, Bryce Griggs. If your haven't seen this young man play then you'd be advised to catch a glimpse while admission is only $5.
- A&M Consolidated takes a piece of the district title from Katy Paetow defeating the Panthers 66-52.
- Klein Forest loses a tough on the road to the Woodlands Highlanders. The Woodlands' Cole Himmer got fouled on a made bucket to put the woodlands up 53-51 with less that 20 second to play.
- Concordia Lutheran secured their district title with a big road win over The Village School, 61-57.
- St. Pius X secured their 20 win season while defeating St. Thomas at home. Great to see that program persevere through the coaching change early in the season.
- Westfield goes undefeated in district to lock in the district title. Time to prepare for the playoffs!
- Jordan Ivy-Curry lands his first D1 offer from Appalachian State. We don't typically announce college offers, but Ivy-Curry leads the state of Texas in scoring. If he leaves the state…or maybe the region, we will be highly disappointed.
VYPE Hoops Insider Ray Meach provides another round of public and private school boys basketball rankings.
PUBLIC SCHOOL TOP 20
1. Dickinson – Holding on to the #1 spot.
2. Shadow Creek – Football, Basketball & Track trifecta?
3. Yates – One win away from tying their 100pt record.
4. Atascocita – Big win vs Summer Creek on Tuesday.
5. Summer Creek – Have to make the adjustment playing without Scales.