There was some movement in volleyball rankings last week that had major implications.
Bridgeland fell to Cypress Ranch in a big loss while Oak Ridge rolled Grand Oaks to get back in the Top 10. Magnolia slammed No. 2 Magnolia West and Montgomery loss to Lake Creek.
So, what's on tap?
Memorial has a big week facing Stratford and Cy-Fair, while George Ranch faces Ridge Point for the district title. The Woodlands face Oak Ridge and up and comer Grand Oaks.
The private school rankings moved as well. St. Agnes is the new No. 1 and TWCA moves into the Top 5 with Rosehill Christian.
In other News. Klein's Annie Antar will become the all-time kill leader for the Bearkats. Seven Lakes' Aly Batenhorst will be given her All-American jersey on Tuesday.
1. Klein – KF, Collins this week
2. Seven Lakes – Covid has had Spartans out of play
3. Memorial– Big week with Stratford and Cy-Fair in the que
4. George Ranch – Big game vs Ridge Point this week
5. Pearland Dawson – Elsik, Pearland on deck
6. Clear Springs – Can make a splash with win over Clear Falls
7. The Woodlands – Huge week against Oak Ridge and Grand Oaks
8. Bridgeland – Blanked by Cypress Ranch. Will get back on track
9. Deer Park – Only Dobie and Pasadena Memorial in the way
10. Oak Ridge – Rise of the Ridge. Can bounce TWHS this week
1. Friendswood– At 16-1, are they the best team in HTown?
2. Fulshear – The Chargers are in striking distance to No. 1
3. Barbers Hill -- Undefeated in District Play. Peaking at right time
4. Magnolia -- Won 7 in a row including win over No. 2 Mag West
5. Foster-- Only district losses to Fulshear
OTHERS TO WATCH: Manvel, Magnolia West, Montgomery
1. Needville -- Undefeated squad opens with Boerne in playoffs
2. Huffman -- Beat Vidor in first round of postseason
1. St. Agnes – One of the most feared teams in HTown
2. Concordia Lutheran – Schedule getting tough over next few weeks
3. Rosehill Christian -- Undefeated in district play
3. Episcopal – Most talented squad
5. The Woodlands Christian Academy -- Win over LSA gives them District Title after moving up a Class
Break up the Memorial Mustangs.
The Woodlands aren't going away. The Highlanders put away Grand Oaks in five games to remain in first in district. Staying up north, Montgomery has it rolling in Class 5A, winning 10 straight, while TWCA is putting it together in TAPPS 4A.
In Class 4A, the Houston area has two state powers in Needville and Huffman. Both are undefeated entering the postseason. Deer Park moves into the Class 6A Top 10.
Here are the RANKINGS
1. Klein – No one is touching the Bearkats in district... No one
2. Seven Lakes – Same goes for Seven Lakes... Will run the table in 19-6A
3. Memorial – Big win over Cy-Fair puts them in lead position in district
4. Bridgeland – Have only lost four sets in 9 district games
5. George Ranch – Have only lost one game in 8 district games
6. Pearland Dawson – Whoaaaaaa. Fell to Memorial 3-0
7. Clear Springs – Are they the power down South?
8. The Woodlands – Beat Grand Oaks to take 4-0 record in district
9. Deer Park -- Undefeated in district play
10. Grand Oaks -- Big game against Oak Ridge Tuesday
OTHERS TO WATCH: Atascocita, Clear Falls, Katy, Oak Ridge, Pearland, Summer Creek
1. Friendswood – Going untouched in district
2. Magnolia West – Alyssa May powering West
3. Fulshear – Gaining momentum for postseason in Class 5A
4. Montgomery -- Have won 10 in a row
5. Barbers Hill -- Undefeated in district
OTHERS TO WATCH -- Manvel, Foster
CLASS 4A - Start Playoffs This Week
1. Needville -- 29-0 and No. 1
2. Huffman -- Only one loss on the season
1. Concordia Lutheran – HUGE game vs St. Agnes Tuesday Night
2. St. Agnes – No. 1 on the line vs Concordia Lutheran
3. Episcopal – Wins vs Deer Park and John Cooper last week
4. The Woodlands Christian -- Putting it together in district play
4. St. Pius X – Faces Kelly Catholic this week