Your password needs to be at least 8 characters and one number.
The Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) has announced that it will no longer be hosting a typical Final Four Tournament for the upcoming Volleyball Championships.
TAPPS posted the release on their website on Wednesday evening, stating "due to the current conditions, host sites are not available to accommodate the 18 game format required."
They have, however, secured a site for just the Championship matches for the 1A-6A divisions. All matches will be played at New Braunfels Christian Academy on Friday, November 20 and Saturday, November 21.
Friday, November 20
Saturday, November 21
There are several area schools still in the TAPPS Playoff scenario and will be competing this weekend for their spot in the State Semi-Finals Championships.
San Antonio Christian vs. Concordia Lutheran Tomball: Saturday- 1:00pm @ Victoria St. Joseph
Antonian vs. Houston St. Agnes: Saturday- 3:30pm @ Victoria St. Joseph
San Antonio Holy Cross vs. Northland Christian School: Saturday- 2:00pm @ LaGrange High School
New Braunfels Christian Academy vs. Rosehill Christian School: Saturday- 2:00pm @ Fayetteville High School
Bulverde Bracken Christian vs. Bryan St. Joseph Catholic- TBA
San Antonio Atonement Academy vs. San Marcos Hill Country: Saturday- 2:00pm @ Atonement Academy
Fredericksburg Heritage Christian vs. San Angelo Cornerstone Christian: Saturday- 2:30pm @ Rochelle High School
For more sports coverage, follow VYPE (VYPE Texas Facebook and @VYPESATX Instagram/Twitter) on social media.
Looking to get more involved? Check out ShopVYPE for fresh gear that supports local schools and the VYPE U Ambassador Program. To sign up for the VYPE U Program, apply at VYPEU.com.
Marissa Moffatt and Magnolia knocks off No. 2 Mag West to move into Top 5
There was some movement in volleyball rankings last week that had major implications.
Bridgeland fell to Cypress Ranch in a big loss while Oak Ridge rolled Grand Oaks to get back in the Top 10. Magnolia slammed No. 2 Magnolia West and Montgomery loss to Lake Creek.
So, what's on tap?
Memorial has a big week facing Stratford and Cy-Fair, while George Ranch faces Ridge Point for the district title. The Woodlands face Oak Ridge and up and comer Grand Oaks.
The private school rankings moved as well. St. Agnes is the new No. 1 and TWCA moves into the Top 5 with Rosehill Christian.
In other News. Klein's Annie Antar will become the all-time kill leader for the Bearkats. Seven Lakes' Aly Batenhorst will be given her All-American jersey on Tuesday.
1. Klein – KF, Collins this week
2. Seven Lakes – Covid has had Spartans out of play
3. Memorial– Big week with Stratford and Cy-Fair in the que
4. George Ranch – Big game vs Ridge Point this week
5. Pearland Dawson – Elsik, Pearland on deck
6. Clear Springs – Can make a splash with win over Clear Falls
7. The Woodlands – Huge week against Oak Ridge and Grand Oaks
8. Bridgeland – Blanked by Cypress Ranch. Will get back on track
9. Deer Park – Only Dobie and Pasadena Memorial in the way
10. Oak Ridge – Rise of the Ridge. Can bounce TWHS this week
1. Friendswood– At 16-1, are they the best team in HTown?
2. Fulshear – The Chargers are in striking distance to No. 1
3. Barbers Hill -- Undefeated in District Play. Peaking at right time
4. Magnolia -- Won 7 in a row including win over No. 2 Mag West
5. Foster-- Only district losses to Fulshear
OTHERS TO WATCH: Manvel, Magnolia West, Montgomery
1. Needville -- Undefeated squad opens with Boerne in playoffs
2. Huffman -- Beat Vidor in first round of postseason
1. St. Agnes – One of the most feared teams in HTown
2. Concordia Lutheran – Schedule getting tough over next few weeks
3. Rosehill Christian -- Undefeated in district play
3. Episcopal – Most talented squad
5. The Woodlands Christian Academy -- Win over LSA gives them District Title after moving up a Class