Your password needs to be at least 8 characters and one number.
* By VYPE Hoops Insider Ray Meach*
Davion Coleman - Jersey Village
Coleman's high level play has not only landed him an opportunity to play division one college basketball at UIC but he has also helped Jersey Village punch their ticket to post season play for the first time in 17 years! The senior guard is a huge burst of production on both sides of the floor and it translates to wins.
Davion Sargent - Katy Paetow
Davion is a relentless attacker on the offensive end. When his jump shot is falling that means bad news for the defending team. This is only Katy Paetow's second season competing, but you wouldn't be able to tell while watching them play. Sargent has been one the focal points for the program and he's helped them to their first ever district title and playoff debut, all in one season.
Trace Boling - The Village School
Trace has had as strong of a senior campaign as anyone. Team captain, several big games, a sports center worthy buzzer beater and now to finish off his captain by trying to push his team to a state championship. Boling is one of Houston's top unsigned seniors and should be signing the dotted line to play at a university this spring.
Bryce Griggs - Hightower
Griggs is currently the No. 1 ranked sophomore in the greater Houston area and is arguably the top prospect in the state of Texas. The young guard has an offensive repertoire that, for some, takes years to develop. Griggs has the scoring ability to put up big numbers in a flurry, but what most do not recognize is his unselfishness. Seeing double and triple teams has helped him develop his court awareness and can hit open guys on a dime.
VYPE Hoops Insider Ray Meach provides another round of public and private school boys basketball rankings.
PUBLIC SCHOOL TOP 20
1. Dickinson – Holding on to the #1 spot.
2. Shadow Creek – Football, Basketball & Track trifecta?
3. Yates – One win away from tying their 100pt record.
4. Atascocita – Big win vs Summer Creek on Tuesday.
5. Summer Creek – Have to make the adjustment playing without Scales.
6. Travis – Big match up against Ridge Point. Game of the day!
7. Morton Ranch – District challenges should make them playoff ready.
8. Westfield – Undefeated in district play.
9. North Shore – Going for 5th straight win.
10. Hightower – Bragging rights game vs Shadow Creek tonight.
11. Bellaire – Guard play! Guard play! Guard play!
12. Cy Creek – Will have a grudge match Cy Ridge.
13. Memorial- Facing Cy Falls. Only a 2 point margin the last time they played.
14. Ridge Point – They got revenge vs Bush. Can they do it again vs Travis?
15. Pearland – Can they bounce back and show resilience?
16. Huntsville – Could make a playoff run. Inside and outside presence.
17. Lake Creek – Home game vs Huntsville. Looking for payback.
18. Crosby – A young core that plays extremely hard.
19. Manvel – Need a strong finish for playoff positioning.
20. Foster – Tough back to back district losses to #2 & #10
PRIVATE SCHOOL TOP 10
1. The Woodlands Christian
2. Houston Christian
3. The Village School
4. Legacy Sports & Science
5. Concordia Lutheran
6. Westbury Christian
8. St Thomas
9. St Pius X