It's Tuesday, meaning it's game day for Houston-area volleyball teams.
There are some huge games that affect VYPE's rankings, come tomorrow. Clear Falls faces Clear Springs for District 24-6A bragging rights.
Up north, up-start Grand Oaks faces The Woodlands in an important district matchup.
Here are the VYPE Volleyball Rankings
1. Klein – Nationally-ranked for a reason
2. Seven Lakes – Batenhorst sisters balling out
3. Pearland Dawson – Could reach state out of Region III
4. Bridgeland – Undefeated in district play
5. George Ranch – Balanced with power hitters, middle and defense
6. Clear Falls – Big match vs No. 9 Clear Springs tonight
7. Grand Oaks – Are Grizzlies for Real? Play TWHS tonight
8. Memorial – Big win over Cy-Fair puts them in lead position in district
9. Clear Springs – Can make a splash with win over Clear Falls
10. The Woodlands – Trying to get back on track in district vs Grand Oaks
OTHER TO WATCH: Atascocita, Cy-Fair, Deer Park, Katy, Oak Ridge, Pearland, Summer Creek
1. Friendswood – Rolling teams down South
2. Magnolia West – Same, Just up North
3. Fulshear – Rebounding from loss to Class 6A The Woodlands
4. Manvel – Second-fiddle to Friendswood in District
5. Foster – Second-fiddle to Fulshear in District
OTHERS TO WATCH: Montgomery, Barbers Hill
1. Concordia Lutheran – Schedule getting tough over next few weeks
2. St. Agnes – Have Beaten public schools TWHS and Manvel on the way
3. Episcopal – Big game against St. Agnes looming
4. St. Pius X – Great turnaround under Clare Powers
5. Fort Bend Christian – Need to stop the slide
CONROE - No. 16 Grand Oaks has been impressive throughout its debut season as a football program but not just that but doing it at the Class 6A level.
The Grizzlies have rolled through the opening four weeks of the 2020 season and that included Thursday night at Moorhead Stadium, where Grand Oaks blew past Fort Bend Austin 69-10. This win also marked win No. 200 in the coaching career of Dr. Mike Jackson.
"It's all the places you've been and the coaches you've worked with and the administrators," Jackson said as he reminisced after win No. 200. "It's very special. While I'm incredibly proud of it and I wouldn't want any other team to hit that mark with me except this team, who is a bunch of overachievers and scrappy and gets after it. Getting win 200 is great, but our focus is on doing well in district."
VYPE Game Report: @GOaksFootball improves to 4-0 on Thursday behind a 69-10 victory. @jokoch09 was on hand for this one. #txhsfb
(@KPRC2RandyMc @KPRC2Ari @ConroeISD @grandoaksath @HTownHSS @Coop_micah @hudhamilton2023 @GOaksBooster @ConroeISDSupt @tara_brause @ToddFreed57) pic.twitter.com/gGR6Skbafu
— vypehouston (@vypehouston) October 16, 2020
Seeing the Grizzlies for the first time in person, here are the 5 Big Takeaways.