Your password needs to be at least 8 characters and one number.
Some of the stars of 2023-24 Barbers Hill Volleyball
The race for district contention is in full swing as we enter the second half of the Fall season.
Over the past week, not much has changed in terms of who the top teams are. Grand Oaks and Cinco Ranch are still battling for the top spot in Class 6A, while Fulshear and Barbers Hill maintain their exemplary standing in Class 5A.
However, there have been numerous squads who have been rising up the charts -- Pearland Dawson, Ridge Point, Tomball Memorial, and Friendswood among them -- which indicates that the fun is just beginning in the public school outlook.
It will also be interesting to see how the private school race plays out, with LSA and FBCA vying for a first-place finish in their TAPPS district. Additionally, Concordia Lutheran continues to pick up speed, while Episcopal seems primed to dominate the SPC in the coming weeks.
Without further ado, here are the updated VYPE weekly rankings.
Jamey Wright (VYPE)
Class 5A Top 10
1. Fulshear Chargers (20-4)
2. Barbers Hill Eagles (24-7)
3. Foster Falcons (19-7)
4. Montgomery Bears (21-10)
5. Friendswood Mustangs (14-8)
6. Galveston Ball Tornadoes (19-9)
7. Goose Creek Memorial Patriots (17-9)
8. Magnolia Bulldogs (13-12)
9. Magnolia West Mustangs (11-11)
10. Baytown Sterling Rangers (10-12)
Private School Top 10
1. Lutheran South Academy Pioneers (25-6)
2. Fort Bend Christian Academy Eagles (14-3)
3. Concordia Lutheran Crusaders (25-9)
4. Episcopal Knights (17-9)
5. St. John's Mavericks (12-8)
6. The John Cooper School Dragons (13-6)
7. Rosehill Christian Eagles (12-8)
8. Legacy Prep Lions (19-2-4)
9. The Woodlands Christian Academy Warriors (7-6)
10. Kinkaid School Falcons (6-6)
Some of the stars of 2023-24 Grand Oaks Volleyball
District-play is finally beginning to heat up in the world of Texas high school volleyball!
With the tournament season coming to a close, it's still difficult to tell just who will ultimately advance to the top, once the postseason arrives in November. However, there are some who have already begun to stake their claim for the best in the business.
Grand Oaks remains to be THE team to beat in Class 6A, but fellow super-powers--Cinco Ranch, Langham Creek, Tompkins, and others--could give them a run for their money. Class 5A will likely continue to be dominated by Fulshear, Barbers Hill, and Foster, but don't sleep on the teams hot on their heels.
Private school contention has shifted in the past few weeks, with LSA taking the top spot in our rankings. However, Episcopal, FBCA, and Concordia Lutheran are among the many teams poised to excel in their respective districts.
Here are VYPE's pre-district rankings...
1. Grand Oaks Grizzlies
2. Cinco Ranch Cougars
3. Stratford Spartans
4. Langham Creek Lobos
5. Cypress Ranch Mustangs
6. Katy Tompkins Falcons
7. Deer Park Deer
8. Pearland Dawson Eagles
9. The Woodlands Highlanders
10. Pearland Oilers
11. Bridgeland Bears
12. Katy Jordan Warriors
13. Tomball Memorial Wildcats
14. Cy-Fair Bobcats
15. Clear Springs Chargers
16. Humble Wildcats
17. Dobie Longhorns
18. Ridge Point Panthers
19. Pasadena Eagles
20. Jersey Village Falcons
Bradley C. Collier (VYPE)
1. Fulshear Chargers
2. Barbers Hill Eagles
3. Foster Falcons
4. Galveston Ball Tornadoes
5. Montgomery Bears
6. Magnolia Bulldogs
7. Friendswood Mustangs
8. Magnolia West Mustangs
9. Baytown Sterling Rangers
10. Manvel Mavericks
1. Lutheran South Academy Pioneers
2. Episcopal Knights
3. Fort Bend Christian Academy Eagles
4. Concordia Lutheran Crusaders
5. St. John's Mavericks
6. Rosehill Christian Eagles
7. St. Pius X Panthers
8. Second Baptist School Eagles
9. The Woodlands Christian Academy Warriors
10. Kinkaid School Falcons