We are officially just a few weeks away from the 2019 playoffs beginning.
Playoffs? We're talking about playoffs? Yes we are and district championships on top of that.
There is some movement in the new rankings as a lot of teams are making the final push in district play.
1) Manvel (Prev. 1) ** The Mavericks are rolling at 34-6 Overall, 12-0 in District and have won 17-straight matches. On top of that, in district Manvel has dropped just one set.
2) Grand Oaks (Prev. 2) ** The Grizzlies are 31-10 overall and 13-1 in district play, Grand Oaks just suffered its first district loss to Kingwood Park.
3) Shadow Creek (Prev. 5) ** The Sharks are 25-13 overall, 11-2 in district. Shadow Creek has won four-straight and in district play has dropped only eight total sets.
4) Tomball (Prev. 7) **The Cougars are 28-15 overall and 11-3 in District. Tomball has won seven-straight matches.
5) Friendswood (Prev. Unranked) ** The Mustangs have made a heck of a turnaround from the beginning of the season. Friendswood is now 25-16 overall and 10-0 in district with wins over Santa Fe (series sweep), Crosby and Texas City.
We are officially over a month into the season and the picture is becoming a lot clearer, especially in the 5A level.
There is a TON of movement in the new rankings as a lot of teams are making the turn into district play.
1) Manvel (Prev. 2)
- Manvel is 28-6 overall and 6-0 in District 24-6A play. Th Mavericks have won 11-straight matches and haven't dropped a set in district play.
2) Grand Oaks (Prev. 3)
- The Grizzlies are 25-9 and 7-0 in what could be considered one of the harder 5A districts in the state.
3) Crosby (Prev. 6)
- Crosby is 21-5 overall and 2-0 in District 22-5A
4) Santa Fe (Prev. 7)
- Santa Fe is 20-11 overall and 2-0 in District 22-5A.