With just a couple of weeks to go in the season, VYPE has restructured its Class 6A Top 20. There has been some movement but honestly, the cream has risen to the top.
District titles are starting to get claimed, the Top 10 did see a little movement with Ridge Point jumping from five to three and Klein falling from No. 1 to No. 4 as the most dramatic shift.
The Top 4 is a tight race with a win here and a win there being the difference right now.
1) Pearland Dawson (Prev. 2) ** 36-4 Overall / 11 game winning streak
2) The Woodlands (Prev. 3) ** 40-3 Overall / 9-game winning streak
3) Ridge Point (Prev. 5) ** 39-4 Overall / 10-game winning streak
4) Klein (Prev. 1) ** 33-6 Overall / 1-game losing streak
5) Bridgeland (Prev. 4) ** 39-4 Overall / 7-game winning streak
6) Cinco Ranch (Prev. 6) ** 30-5 Overall / 20-game winning streak
7) Deer Park (Prev. 8) ** 33-8 Overall / 13-game winning streak
8) Cy-Fair (Prev. 9) ** 29-10 Overall / 2-game winning streak
9) College Park (Prev. 7) ** 24-4 Overall / 1 game winning streak
10) Katy (Prev. 10) ** 27-13 Overall / 2-game winning streak
What a week it was for Eric Schmid.
The former The Woodlands quarterback and current Sam Houston State starter had a standout performance against defending Southland Conference Champion Incarnate Word last week.
Schmid was 29 of 44 for 531 yards and five touchdowns in a 45-6 victory over Incarnate Word.
Because of that performance, Schmid was named the Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Week.
VYPE caught up with Schmid in its most recent episode of Behind the Playbook. Check out the full conversation below where the guys ask about the game, his rise at Sam Houston State, coming back to Houston for Stephen F. Austin and his dad getting back into coaching at Oak Ridge.