Friendswood breaks into New VYPE 5A Volleyball Rankings, Manvel remains No. 1
We are officially just a few weeks away from the 2019 playoffs beginning.
Playoffs? We're talking about playoffs? Yes we are and district championships on top of that.
There is some movement in the new rankings as a lot of teams are making the final push in district play.
1) Manvel (Prev. 1) ** The Mavericks are rolling at 34-6 Overall, 12-0 in District and have won 17-straight matches. On top of that, in district Manvel has dropped just one set.
2) Grand Oaks (Prev. 2) ** The Grizzlies are 31-10 overall and 13-1 in district play, Grand Oaks just suffered its first district loss to Kingwood Park.
3) Shadow Creek (Prev. 5) ** The Sharks are 25-13 overall, 11-2 in district. Shadow Creek has won four-straight and in district play has dropped only eight total sets.
4) Tomball (Prev. 7) **The Cougars are 28-15 overall and 11-3 in District. Tomball has won seven-straight matches.
5) Friendswood (Prev. Unranked) ** The Mustangs have made a heck of a turnaround from the beginning of the season. Friendswood is now 25-16 overall and 10-0 in district with wins over Santa Fe (series sweep), Crosby and Texas City.
6) Santa Fe (Prev. 4) ** The Indians are 26-14 overall and 8-2 in District play.
7) Foster (Prev. 8) ** The Falcons are 23-16 overall and 9-3 in district play.
8) Kingwood Park (Prev. 10) **The Panthers are 22-20 overall and 12-2 in district play good for second place. A 3-2 win over Grand Oaks the other week coming back from an 0-2 deficit could be the spark the Panthers need going into the playoffs.
9) Willis (Prev. 6) ** The Wildkats are 29-14 overall and 9-5 in district. Willis has won two-straight games heading into Friday.
10) Texas City (Prev. Unranked) ** Texas City has won four of its last five matches, including a sweep over Goose Creek Memorial. The Stingarees are positioning themselves nicely to grab a playoff spot out of District 22-5A, currently holding third place.