Gridiron Players of the Week presented by Boost Mobile
Week four of the Texas high school football season was an interesting one to say the least.
First, a few districts were off. Secondly, Thursday games were shifted to Saturday due to the flooding around the Houston area.
But we still had football on Friday and Saturday. Below are some of the top performances of the week!
**If you do not see your athlete listed please send in nominations each week by Monday morning to Joshua.email@example.com or DM the @VYPEHouston Twitter account with the info.**
1) Dwight McGlothern (WR/CB) – Klein Oak HS (4 rec. 86 yds, 1 TD; 2 INTs, 3 Tackles, 32-yd Punt Return, 40-yd Kickoff Return)
- What a gamechanger Dwight McGlothern is. The four-star prospect does it all for Klein Oak. In a 29-25 victory over Conroe, McGlothern was impactful on both sides of the ball. McGlothern finished with four receptions for 86 yards and a touchdown and then on top of that reeled in two interceptions and racked up three tackles. McGlothern is a gamechanger on both sides of the ball.
2) Will Evans (DE) – C.E. King (23 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 2 Fumble Recoveries, 3 Pass Deflections)
- What a performance! C.E. King's Will Evans put on a show on Friday night. Against Clear Brook in a 34-7 victory, Evans was all over the ball. The defensive end finished with 23 tackles! Twenty-three! That is ridiculous. He also finished with four sacks, an interception, two fumble recovers and three batted passes. That is a ridiculous stat line.
3) Jaydon Blue (RB) – Klein Cain HS (22 car., 223 yards, 2 TDs)
- You're my boy Blue! Klein Cain has arrived and got a big win last week beating Klein, which was fresh off a victory over Klein Oak. Jaydon Blue finished with 22 carries for 223 yards and two scores. Blue is a force, already has a major Power 5 offer and if he continues putting up these numbers he will get even more.
4) Dane Jackson (RB) – The Woodlands Christian Academy (26 carries for 225 yards, 3 TDs)
- When a running back just runs over a team it is noticeable. The Woodlands Christian Academy's Dane Jackson had one of those games. In a 51-7 victory over Lake Country Christian, Jackson went off. The running back went off for 225 yards and three scores on just 26 carries. Have yourself a day!
5) Conner Weigman (QB) – Bridgeland HS (34-42, 384 yards, 4 TDs; 10 car. 44 yards)
The sophomore quarterback can sling it! Bridgeland's Conner Weigman has stepped up big for the Bears and has led them to a 4-0 start. Against defending District 14-6A Champion Cy Ranch last week, Weigman passed for 384 yards and four touchdowns. Weigman has passed for over 1,000 yards already this season. He is one to watch.
Reco Griffin (DL) – Stratford HS (6 tackles, 1 sack, 2 QB Hurries)
Jesse Jones Jr. (LB) – Mayde Creek HS (10 tackles, 2 TFLs, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Fumble Recovery)
Bryson Culton (Defense) – Klein Cain HS (12 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 QB Hurry)
Atrevion Hunter (WR) – Bridgeland HS (13 rec. 140 yards, 2 TDs)
LJ Johnson (RB) – Cy-Fair (23 car. 188 yards, 3 TDs)
Jackson Jones (QB) – Cy Woods (10-17, 136 yards, 2 TDs)
Tucker Yarbrough (QB) – Manvel (12-29, 216 yards, 3 TDs)
Grant Wall (QB) – Kingwood (12-15, 245 yards, 3 TDs, 31 yards rushing, 2 TDs)
Jalen Mosley – Seven Lakes (3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 QB Pressure, 1 INT, 1 TD)
Giovanni Ramirez (RB) – Milby (12 car. 158 yards, 2 TDs)
Justin Shively (QB) – Huffman (15-23, 227 yards, 5 TDs)
Jalen Milroe (QB) – Tompkins (3-4, 94 yards, 1 TD; 3 carries for 128 yards, 3 TDs)